- 3 cups spiral shaped pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb shell=on medium sized shrimp
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends discarded, remainder cut into 2″ pieces
- ½ cup bottled ranch dressing
- 1 cup Lite mayonnaise
- ½ cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Large tomato, cored, seeded and chopped
- 6 scallions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley
1 In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ranch dressing, seafood cocktail sauce,lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and salt& pepper to taste. Set aside.
2 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp salt. Drop in the asparagus and cook 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook 4 minutes longer. Remove the asparagus and shrimp with a slotted spoon or Chinese spider and drop in an ice bath.
3 Cook the pasta in the same water according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
4 Mix the shrimp, asparagus and pasta together in a large bowl. Add the tomato, scallions and parsley. Add enough dressing to coat well – as little or as much as you like.
5 Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Serve with warm ciabatta rolls and a chilled rose wine.
Note: Any remaining dressing makes a great sandwich spread\