The perfect supper for that romantic evening a deux.
Chill overnight before reheating & serving.
- Two (2) 1-3/4 lb lobsters
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Plunge the lobsters into a large kettle of boiling salted water and boil them, over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the lobsters with tongs to a dish and let them cool.
- Break off the claws at the body, crack them, and remove the meat. Slit the underside of the body, remove and discard the sacs near the head and the intestines, and reserve the tomalley and coral. Remove the meat from the body and cut it into pieces.
- Force the reserved tomalley through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- In a large sauce pan, sauté the tomalley and the coral in 1 stick of butter for 3 minutes. Add the lobster meat and sauté the mixture for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture stand for 7 minutes. Add 1 cup of mil, heated, slowly, stirring. Add the remaining milk and cream, heated, and a stream, stirring. Add salt and pepper to taste, let the stew cool to room temperature, and chill it overnight.
- Reheat the stew over very low heat and serve it in heated bowls.